Amit has 10+ years of web and enterprise-level application development experience. He started his career as freelance developer and has worked with various consultancies and software development companies.
Amit specialises in system analysis, design and development. He has worked extensively on Microsoft technologies and languages such as C#, ASP.NET, LINQ, ADO.NET, VB 6.0, Multi-threaded application, Classic ASP and COM, SQL Server Programming and Database design. He has executed projects using WaterFall methodology, Agile Development Process and Test Driven Development. He also has experience of working and managing offshore development teams.
Amit is working on a Enterprise level System based on SAAS architecture developed for hospitality industry. Designed exclusively for the hospitality industry, it provides an organisation with accurate and reliable stock control recipe management and invoicing services.
Amit specialises in system analysis, design, development and support. He has worked extensively on Microsoft technologies and languages such as C#, ASP.NET, LINQ, ADO.NET, VB 6.0, Classic ASP, COM, SQL Server Programming and Database design. He is a strong server side developer as also possesses good front-end development skills. Following are his core competencies...
.NET 3.5 4 years
ASP.NET 10 years
C# 8 years
SQL Server 9 years
WCF 1 years
SSRS 1 years
Ajax 2 years
JQuery 1 year
XML/XSLT 2 year
Visual Basic.NET 2 years
Visual Basic 6.0 5 years
Web development 9 years
Desktop based application 3 years
MSMQ 1 year
Framework Development 2 years
Agile, TDD5 years
Waterfall methodology6 years
Amit is involved in development of FnB Manager which is an Enterprise level System based on SAAS architecture.
ASP.NET, Classic ASP, C#, SQL Server 2008, .NET 3.5, .NET 4.0, AJAX, Web Services, Windows Services, Quartz Scheduler, LINQ, CSS, JQuery, XML, XSLT, Visual Studio 2010, TFS, TDD, Agile.
- Migration of Classic ASP legacy application UI and business logic to .NET. Development of Purchasing, Stock control, Recipe and Menu management Invoicing modules.
- Developed web services for making AJAX method calls from client side using JQuery.
- Design and development of Import module to import third party data in FnB. The system comprises for Scheduler Component, RemoteAccess, Windows Service, SystemFileWatcher. The feed data is transformed to FnB specific Xml format using Xslt. Xslt Extension object were used validation and data mapping.
- Worked closely with Framework team for development/ improvement of various framework components.
- Identified and fixed performance related using Ants profiler.
- Database design and development. Used CTE to generate hierarchical data structure. Developed dataset and xml based stored procedure and function
- Develop Unit test cases for Business objects using Visual Studio 2010 Test.
- Bug fixing and support QA, UAT and Live environments.
Amit was responsible for developing database driven, content managed website for Shepherd Neame main site and 360 pub micro sites.
ASP.NET, C#, SQL Server 2005, .NET 3.5, AJAX, WCF, LINQ, CSS, JQuery, Visual Studio 2008, Nunit, Ants Profiler, SVN, Agile, TDD.
- Responsible for designing and development of CMS system and integration with the Main site.
- Designing and development of CMS database.
- Developed ASP.NET pages and CMS user controls.
- Developed C# business component and used LINQ for database related interactions.
- Designed a configurable user controls to capture CMS content.
- Developed role based authorization and approval system.
- Developed WCF service for AJAX method calls.
- Develop NUnit test, perform Unit testing, integration testing and bug fixing.
Amit was responsible for development and support of Performance Improvement Manager System(PIMS), Triplex UI and Galaxy. PIMS is a powerful, sophisticated off-the-shelf platform delivering a diverse range of online employee and channel business improvement programs. Triplex UI and Galaxy are subsystem for PIM and are used by back office staff.
ASP.NET, C#, SQL Server 2005, .NET 2.0/3.5, WCF, VB 6.0, LINQ, Entity Framework, Visual Studio 2005/2008, VSS, MCMS 2002, SSRS, Nunit, Ants Profiler, Agile, TDD.
- Involved in requirement analysis, design, estimation, costing and technical documentation.
- Responsible for developing ASP.NET pages, User Control, WCF Service components, database coding and SSRS reports.
- Designed component which uses threads from thread pool to transform data from multiple files simultaneously.
- Responsible for live environment support of PIMS and other sub systems.
- Identified and solved significant performance issue in the code using Ants profiler.
- Responsible for developing complex TSQL scripts, Stored Procedure, SQL Functions.
- Involved in migration of Crystal Reports to SSRS 2005.
Amit was involved in the development of following key project while working with Sapient:
- Desktop based enterprise system for TV Guide USA.
- Redesigning ECommerce system for Amway USA.
- Client interaction during the requirement gathering, analysis and development phase.
- Responsible of managing a team of 5 to 9 developers and multiple track at the same time.
- Plan, manage and track the progress of track using Agile development methodology.
- Development of ASP.NET pages, user controls, webservices, database programming, WCF Services, Windows Services and Middle tier components
- Code review and quality control.
- Develop deployment and user guide
- Provide support to live environment and issue resolution.
- Streamlined the build and release process for TV Guide project.
- Facilitated the shifting of TV Guide development database from USA to Bangalore and single-handedly setup the development. This environment shift tremendously improved the development team productivity.
- Simultaneously managed system testing servers in Bangalore and 6 test environment in USA
Amit was involved in the development of a robust banking system for AEGON Bank while working with LogicaCMG.
AEGON Bank Application is intranet based e-banking solution, which provides a flexible and scalable services solution. The solution enables the AEGON Bank to market, a variety of savings, investment and loan products through her business units. The rich XML services exposed via a service layer allow for easy integration of front office applications.
- Worked as an onsite coordinator at client site during knowledge transfer phase. Responsible to develop functional specification for new requirements and technical specification for existing application.
- Responsible for leading a team of 6 developers. Providing technical guidance and validating the work done by the team.
- Developed various VB 6 ActiveX Controls and COM components.
- Responsible for migrating legacy system for processing SWIFT messages to C# based system.
- Developed multi-threaded windows service to pool input queue, process message (xml based) and add the result to output queue. The service was configurable to be used with MSMQ or MQ Series queuing system.
- Provide support to live environment and issue resolution.
- Played a key role in defining the process for AEGON Bank Project. This project was successfully accessed for CMM 5i
Amit was involved in the development of London Congestion Charging system (LCC) for Transport for London (TfL) while working with LogicaCMG. This system was developed to deter drivers from making unnecessary car journeys through central London, and so reduce congestion. The LCC project was a large-scale assignment involving multiple vendors. Mastek was developing bespoke applications and to integrate key business applications, including an ecommerce website, call centre software, the image management. Amit was involed in the development of the bespoke workflow module and intergrate the module in the system.
- Involved in requirement analysis, technical design and estimations.
- Designed and developed the workflow engine and integrated the engine with the existing modules.
- Developed various ASP.NET web pages, C# component.
- Provide support to live environment and issue resolution.
As a freelance developer, Amit has developed various desktop based application using VB 6.0 and websites using Classic ASP.
Bachelor of Arts (Sociology)
Developing Web application using Microsoft ASP.Net and Visual C#.Net 1.1
Developing Applications with Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0.
Implementing a Database Design on Microsoft SQL Server 6.5.
ASP 2.0 Programmer, HTML Programmer, VB Script 5.5 and Windows 98 Power user
“I had the opportunity to work with Amit over the course of 8 weeks as a freelancer .NET developer. I found Amit to be an excellent person to work with. Amit worked as part of wider team to develop key areas of a content management system. Amit’s in depth knowledge and expertise made him an asset to the team where he was able to suggest a wide range of solutions. Having worked with Amit I wouldn't hesitate to recommend for any future roles and wish him all the success.”, Sep 8, 2010— Bogdan Szychowski,Senior Digital and Technical Project Manager, managed Amit at Libertine.
“Amit is an excellent server side developer with exceptionally good C# skills. He is a good team player, proactive, up to date with new technologies and extremely helpful. It was great working with him and would surely work with him in the future.”, Sep 7, 2010— Allwyn Fernandes,Senior Digital Developer, worked with Amit at Libertine.
"Amit is a very competent and professional developer. As the sole tester in the company that we worked for I have found him professional, skilled and helpful." , May 11, 2010— Graham Collins,Senior Test Consultant, worked with Amit at EuroRSCG Skybridge.
“Amit have a good Technical knowledge and his strength was handling pressure with a smile on his face.”, Oct 20, 2008— Jitander Chauhan,Senior Associate L2 , Sapient managed Amit indirectly.
“The first thing that comes to my mind about Amit is that he is a very soft spoken person, always wearing a smile and his Delivery Managers always had good things to say about him. My interactions with him has not been very extensive but he has always been very co-operative whenever we worked together on any assignment. I helped in providing internal resources for his projects. He has been very forthcoming in his approach.” , Dec 27, 2008— John Sagayaraj,Resource Manager , LogicaCMG managed Amit indirectly.
“Amit is technically strong person who not only provided/implemented/supported critical solutions/releases/hotfixes but also recommended .net migration approach for ActiveBank. Aegon Bank has appreciated his work in ActiveBank. He is master in his technical space. He is a good corporate citizen and always actively involved in helping other communities. I wish him all the best.”, Aug 4, 2008— Yogendra Saxena,Project Manager - Technical , LogicaCMG worked directly with Amit.
“Amit worked with me for over 3 years and during the period he was hardworking, meticuluous and highly reliable for the work entrusted to him. He has sound technical and good process knowledge. He has extensive global experience and has worked in multi location and multi cultural environment. He is a good talent to have in a team.”, Jul 2, 2008— Gopal Chhetri,Service Delivery Manager, LogicaCMG managed Amit.
“Amit has got a very good eye for detail and has excellent technical skills. He is also well versed with the development life cycle with good comunication skills. Amit is well comitted and a sound professional.”, Dec 9, 2009— Pradip Tailor,Project Manager, Mastek Ltd. worked directly with Amit.
“Amit is a hard-working. dedicated and helpful professional who can contribute effectively in a team environment. He has very good knowledge of .Net and SQL Server Technology. He is passionate about his work and his drive and entusiasm have an immediate impact on work colleagues and team members.”, Dec 23, 2007— Ajit Gupta,Programmer Analyst , Mastek UK Limited managed Amit.
“Amit is very nice techie, whom you love to work with. He has the knack for the technologies and can relate them to the project situations.
— Anil Shokeen,Programmer Analyst , Mastek Ltd. managed Amit.
He understands the project situations very fast and comes with his own analysis as to what can be done to resolve/ fit the requirement.
Tries to get the finer details before proceeding with the solution.”, Dec 18, 2007
Awards and Achievements
- Best team award for AEGON Bank Application in LogicaCMG.
- Customer Delight Award for providing excellent service to the customer while working on Congestion Charging System at Mastek UK Limited.